Government programs to help fund small businesses during the Covid19 shutdown are available. We’ve listed them in order of ease and benefit: Our opinion is that all businesses should apply for the #1- SBA $10k grant and then the #2-SBA 7a PPP loan.
We find the terms and documentation required by the other options #3 & #4 to be onerous and risky. We do not believe that it is a good idea to risk the long-term financial health of your business by taking on too much debt.
We have a couple of options to support you with the application process for #2 (SBA PPP).
- Self-service option: We will provide copies of the documents required by your local bank lender that we prepare. There is no cost for this option
- Full-service option: We will collect the necessary data, calculate the requested loan amount based on the application requirements and forward to your bank lender for submission. Please email us if you are interested in the full-service option so we can provide you with a list of what access we need, and engagement letter and cost details.
***The full-service option is included for our monthly engagement clients for whom we maintain the accounting and payroll records.
We are here to help, please let us know if you need any help or have any questions.
#1 – SBA Streamlined Covid-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan ($10k grant): https://covid19relief.sba.gov/#/
- $10k for your business while supplies last.
#2 – SBA 7a Paycheck Protection Program Loan (PPP): Apply through your local bank.
- Loan of 2.5x average payroll costs. If used for payroll and other qualifying expenses, it can be forgiven. Any remainder paid back over 2 years. Note the SBA terms do not agree to the terms passed in the CARES ACT by congress. We are not sure how they plan on reconciling these differences.
- Program Overview – https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/PPP%20–%20Overview.pdf
- Borrower Information – https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/PPP–Fact-Sheet.pdf
- Program Application – https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/Paycheck-Protection-Program-Application-3-30-2020-v3.pdf
#3 – Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program: https://floridadisasterloan.org/
- Loan which is repayable in 12 months
#4 – SBA 7b Disaster Loan (Economic Injury Disaster Loan): http://disasterloan.sba.gov
- Loan which is used for disaster funding of payroll, etc. Repayable over 30 years. Requires personal guarantee and possibly a lien on the business owner’s residence.